Can taking rabies vaccine during pregnancy harmful?

hello Last week I found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant. I did took rabies vaccination in November ( vaxirab) , and also took number of medicine cold and flu medicine having phenlyephedrine and caffeine in it . -Diclofenac( 3-4 times ) , Nimuselide( 3-4 times), augmentin, cefuroxime (4 days) I am very concerned if this have effect my pregnancy so far. My first US was good with normal FHR
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: These are safe medicines. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Taking vaccination for rabies during pregnancy does not affect the developing fetus in any way. The medicines that you have mentioned are pregnancy category B drugs- means they do not show any effect on the fetal growth and development in animal studies. These can be safely taken during pregnancy without worrying about its effects on the fetal outcome. Also, since you have taken these medicines only for few days, there is no need to worry. Concentrate on having regular folic acid supplements and a healthy diet now. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.