Can taking a tetanus shot cause swollen lymph nodes?

there are a few swollen lymphnodes in both of my armpits, now i did have a tetanus shot last tuesday, can this be the reason why my lymphnodes are swollen? i do have a few relatives that has died from non-hogkins lymphoma and luekimeia , should i be worried?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Thanks for your query,

Yes, there are chances for lymph nodes to get swollen after a tetanus shot.This is due to immune reaction to the toxin present in the vaccine .

Need not worry ,the swelling in the lymph nodes may not last long, may subside within 2 to 3 weeks of the injection without any intervention.

Discuss with your primary physician about the same , you may be needing an examination to confirm the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Follow-up: Can taking a tetanus shot cause swollen lymph nodes? 3 hours later
thank you so much:)
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
You are welcome,