Can taking Ibuprofen for flu and constant headache cause pain in the urinary process?

Can taking Ibuprofen for the past week due to the flu and constant headache/bodyache cause pain in the urinary process? I am a 50 year old male?
I have been married for 17 years, have 4 children and this burning while trying to pee is killing me.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 37 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you are 50 year old male , having pain while urinating , married , burning sensation while peeing.

As you are male , 50 year old , then this disease is known as Urinary Tract Infection , most probably caused by E.Coli , or Strep.

Do not worry as it is easily treated , lot many adults of any age can get this disease , from pants , after shaving..... etc

You need to get the antibiotics , like cefuroxime or furadantine , urine alkalinizing agent for decreased burning sensation , high water intake 4 liters per day.

You do need antibiotics , as you have body aches , and headache.

Get a urine test done to see any puss cells.

It will be resolved in 2- 3 days after taking antibiotics , for all this you need to go to a internist.

Take ibuprfen for now , 2 tabs , and get to a ER for further procedure i told above , and drink a lot of water without salt.

Hope this helps.