Can taking Flomax and Zoloft along with Lisinopril and Metopolol make me light headed?

Hi, I was wondering if taking flomax and zoloft. along with lisinpril and metopol and can make me light headed and feel light i'm going to pass out. thanks Ron
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology. I read your mail with diligence.

There is potential situation of drug interaction here

If you are taking metoprolol then this drug crosses blood brain barrier can aggravate already existing depression, As in drugs many substitutes are available, your doctor will add another drug to Lisinopril if needed.

Some people react to zoloft with insomnia then the tablet should be taken in the morning some people have sedation with it then the drug should be taken in the evening.
Flomax causes giddiness or dizziness more so when one gets up from lying to sitting position. Recommendation is to keep sitting till dizziness pass on then only get up. Usually this symptom is short lived on treatment, if it persists please report to your doctor.

Reading your mail, makes me feel that your Urologist did not give you complete information. The issues you raised are amenable to treatment with very few limitation. I would urge you to have one to one appointment with the Urologist the one who performed surgery and I am sure, most of the issues sorted out. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW