Can take steam bath while taking warfarin?

Is it alright to take steam baths while talking warfarin?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 30 minutes later

It would be good if you provide me some more details which would help me in suggesting you better.

1.Why do you take Warfarin?
2.Is your BP under control?
3.What health issues are you facing right now?
4.Do you have any history of or presently any complain of XXXXXXX venous thrombosis?

Kindly reply back.

Follow-up: Can take steam bath while taking warfarin? 11 hours later
I`m taking warfarin for a blood clot in my left shoulder and chest. Also taking it because my arteries in my heart are all 80 to 100% blocked. I also have an aneurysm in my heart aorta that is 4.7 centimeters. I have my BP under control using a BP medication. My health Issues are stage IV bone cancer and cronic health disease. Thought taking steam baths might help me to detox and ease the pain. These are my current medications. warfarin, tamsulosin,ferrous sulfate, colace, metoprolol tartrate, pravastatin sodium, aspirin, isosorbide mononitrate, lisinopril, prilosec otc, acetaminophen-codeine #3,morphine sulfate.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for replying back

You can take steam bath but in moderation once in a while.Prolonged exposure to heat can cause changes in the Blood pressure and other health issues.
If while having it you notice dizziness,fatigue,headache kindly visit ER earliest.

Hope this helps,