Can take metaprolol in morning & s numalo in evening for BP?

Cardiologist, Interventional
sir my bp problem can i take metaprolol 25 mg in morning and S numalo 2.5 mg in the evening
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 33 hours later

I would like to hear about your problem in bit more details, like you are having your BP since when, what are your regular medicines. What are your symptoms if any?

There is nothing wrong in taking the medicine as you are taking. But both medicines being 24hr acting and there combinations of two available. if you are these medicines for sometime and BP is well under control (<140/90mm Hg) you can swith over to combination and take it as one tablet in the evening.

Anticipating your response.