Can symbicort be taken with high BP medications?

can I take symbicort while on high blood presure meds.will it make it worst
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Regarding taking this medication it is safe to use even if you have high blood pressure. This medication has a very mild concentration of a steroid medication which works very well for people who have asthma or mild chronic lung disease.

Again I want to reassure you that this symbicort is absolutely safe to use for you.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and reassuring. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Dr. Robert