Can swollowing of canesten cream cause posining in a child?

Hi - my 18 month old may have swallowed some canesten cream, he seems ok and im not sure he did swallow it should i take him to hospital?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi . Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Canesten is clotrimazole.and it will not cause harm if taken orally in small quantity. Sometimes there could be local irritation. In case your child is active there is nothing to worry. Give him oral fluids. I request you to kindly keep medicines out of reach of kids..... Hope I have answered your query,let me know if there is any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless....