Ask a Urologist   »  

Can sweating be the cause of redness on back of penis ?

hi, i have redness on back of my penis. it just turned summer and sweat a lot and wear with boxer breifs and tight pants. i also wear boxer breifs and bathing suit and go to the beach and bay.. i have been sexually active but have worn a condom. im still worried though to what it could be. would u think that it is a rash?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The redness you have on the back of your penis can be due to the following reasons-
1. Dermatitis-Caused by yeast infection or excessive sweating. An examination by dermatologist will help in diagnosis and you need topical antibiotics and steroids to treat the problem.Sweat helps the bacteria to grow causing an infection.
2. Allergic rash- Usually associated with itching.
3.Too much sex. All that friction can leave your penis feeling – and sometimes looking – sore.
4. A subtle form of herpes. Even if you are using condoms it is best to get yourself tested for it.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.