Can stress headache and blurred vision be symptoms of migraine?

Hello the I'm a 24 year old male and have always been fit and healthy and never unwell, I have even suffering terribly with a constant pounding head ache and pressure throughout my head and across the front of my forehead at timeshare vision is also not right the best way to describe it is it feels like Iv had a few beers, this problem has been ongoing for about a year and half now where I could go a month or 6 weeks feeling fine and then it hits me again and last minimum a week, currently it has been going on for 3 weeks and is affecting my career and say to day life massively, I have had l my blood test done and checked and they are fine also was given propranolol which did not work and I have tried amitriptyline for 1 week which made me feel even worse, if you have an suggestions I would massively appreciate it as it's really starting to get me down and i can't see a way out. Many thanks.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: get a CT scan of brain Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I can see why you are distressed. Your symptoms suit migraine and stress headache. Before making sure, it is ideal to get a CT scan of brain. It will rule out organic lesions and will help in diagnosis. For migraines, there are alternative drugs like flunarizine, topirimate and divalporex. you can try one of these and i am sure will help you. You can also try sumatriptan as a relief drug which will kill your headache in 30 minutes to 1 hour. All the best.