Can strep throat be transmitted to the vaginal area through oral sex?
User rating for this question
Can someone diagnosed with strep throat infect another's vagina by performing oral sex on her? I was diagnosed with strep throat 4 days after performing oral sex on a woman. I did have a slight sore throat at the time of our encounter. I told her about my strep and she says she has since been having vaginal issues she will have checked out tomorrow. Could I have given her a vaginal strep infection from my strep throat?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Strep throat, caused by Group-A Strep cannot be transmitted to the vaginal area through oral sex. In fact, GAS infection of the vaginal / vulvar area is extremely rare. Group-B Strep, on the other hand, can be found in the vaginal area, but is not a cause of throat infections. So, I believe that she is safe in this regard. The "vaginal issues" that she is talking about with you will NOT reveal GAS of the vagina, but it is good that she is going to get checked out to rule out common vaginal infections or STD's I hope that this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- Vomiting swollen hands swollen feet
- Skin blotch on penis head
- Purple blotch on head of penis
- Weird fluttering sensation in upper left abdomen
- Strep throat body aches
- Sweating parasite
- Itching and red blotches in palms
- Face feels like sunburn but red blotches
- Endometriosis and uti and strep throat
- Effects of weed on strep throat
- Strep throat nose piercing
- Throat lozenges for strep throat
- What causes nausea from too much saliva
- Tiny red blotches on 1 palmracing heartbeat
- Weed causing uncontrolled movements stuttering