Can stopping Wellbutrin XL after two years affect thyroid levels?

Can stopping Wellbutrin XL after two years affect my thyroid levels? I have had trouble balancing my thyroid anyway, and had been told to decrease Thyroid meds. Now, for the last 2-3 weeks since stopping Wellbutrin (w/doc's guidance) I am so tired I can hardly move, although I am not more depressed.

Help, please? Thanks! I prefer an endocrinologist. Please advise.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. David Okia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No stopping welbutrin does not affect thyroid

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

Based on my extensive experience with thyroid patients Wellbutrin does not affect thyroid levels when stopped.
You are experiencing withdrawal symptoms of welbutrin that is why you are feeling tired and hard to move.

I would recommend you report this withdrawal symptoms urgently to your doctor, continue with thyroid medication and have relaxation exercises, Yoga and diet XXXXXXX in vegetables.

Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other queries.