Can stoping the urge to pass stool provide relief from pain due to hemorrhoid?

just ;ls let mrs me know how to make the urge stop
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stopping the urge will not help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Trying to stop the urge will cause a hard stool to form and that will cause even more pain and injury to the hemorrhoid that you are having. A hemorrhoid is basically a small swollen blood vessel in the area of the anus. To prevent any pain you need to avoid constipation at all costs. If you have an intense urge to go to toilet then you should not avoid it. Let me give you a few suggestions as far as what to do now. First, twice daily I'l like you to sit in a warm batch in the bathtub for 20 minutes. The warm water will sooth the area and help shrink the swollen tissue. Next, you can go to any local pharmacy and pick up a tube of preparation H cooling gel. This is a clear gel which you can apply to the swollen areas after each bowel movement and also at bedtime. Over time this helps also to shrink the hemorroidal tissue. Have a fibre rich diet as oats, XXXXXXX pulses, flaxseeds as they help in bowel movement. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL