Can stool softners cause BM to become soft?
User rating for this question
Can stool softners cause BM to become to soft? I have been taking stool softner, and this a.m. My BM was extremely soft.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes.Stool softeners are meant stools soft. Detailed Answer: Hello Stool softeners are meant to make stools soft so that they can be passed easily.So this might be reason in your case for soft BM. Its advisable to stop stool softeners, if constipation no longer persists. Hope this helps.Regards.
Follow-up: Can stool softners cause BM to become soft? 22 minutes later
I know this, but can they become to soft not formed at all, and is there anything I can do to reverse this?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, they empty intestine early. Detailed Answer: Yes, they can empty intestine early before stools are formed. Just stopping stool softener and having regular diet can help to reverse this. Regards.
People also viewed
- Soft sticky stools cause
- Causes of soft unformed stool
- Why meth can cause back pains
- Soft narrow stool causes
- Health benefits of feta cheese
- Can morphine cause back muscle spasms
- Causes of sore back lower ribs
- Can stool softners cause bm to become soft
- Walking 8 miles a day
- Fluid sound in back of neck causes
- Handstand push ups benefits
- Oxyelite pro causing soft stool
- Body temperature of 97
- Drink water in the morning
- Morphine cause back spasms