Can stomach indigestion cause fluttering in the left chest, dizziness and slow heart beat?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
Can stomach indigestion cause fluttering in the left side of the chest? It felt for a couple seconds that my ears were quiet, I was going to faint and my heart stopped.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 59 minutes later

Yes stomch upset or indigestion can cause some discomfort which can feel like fluttering in the lowerpart of the chest. But considering overall syptoms that you had you need to be evluated rather says it is indigestion. Please visit a physicain and have ECG (Electrocardiogram) done. We need to rule out arrythmias as cause for you symptoms.

Also did you have any pain in the chest?

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: Can stomach indigestion cause fluttering in the left chest, dizziness and slow heart beat? 16 hours later
I did not have any pain in the chest. What will the ECG show the doctor?

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 29 minutes later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

As mentioned earlier, I was more concerned about arrythmias. And this is what would be seen in the ECG if at all it is the cause for your symptoms.

But many a times there may be absence of chest pain even if it is hemicycle heart disease.

Hope I have answered your query completely.

Please do accept my answer if you have no further concerns.

Regards.