Can stable angina cause just left arm pain without chest pain?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Can stable angina cause just left arm pain without chest pain .
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 39 minutes later
Hello! Thanks for your query. You do not need to worry because stable angina is the medical term for chest pain or discomfort due to coronary heart disease. It occurs when the heart muscle doesn't get as much blood as it needs. Chest pain in stable angina may be associated with the discomfort in neck,shoulder,back or arm. Take care of your self

Follow-up: Can stable angina cause just left arm pain without chest pain? 17 hours later
Dear Dr Sometimes when i climb up 3 or 4 stairs i feel ache or a minor pain in my left arm & shoulder & sometimes i feel it in my chest & sometimes when i climb up 10 floors i fill just left arm pain . I did come cardio tests last Dec (EKG , stress test , echocardiogram 58% EF) all were normal & my Cardiologist told me you are very fine & nothing to worry about . I have been diagnosed with sliding Hiatal Hernia through upper endoscopy & i did MRI on my neck as i have a lot of pains in my neck & around . I don't know if the hiatal hernia or the neck problems are envolved in feeling aches & pains when doing exercising or not ? Do you have explanation . I will attach you the MRI report of my neck .

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 44 hours later
Brief Answer: This pain has no relation with angina pectoris . Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. If you have had the same symptoms when you have done EKG,stress test,echochardigram and they were normal,this pain have no relation with angina pectoris. A number of factors can contribute to the pain you’re feeling between your shoulder blades and left arm after a walk, most of which aren’t cause for alarm. Muscular irritation and joint dysfunction are the likeliest of culprits, but other conditions can also lead to this type of discomfort. Most likely causes are: Irritation Dysfunction Irregularities Treatment for this type of pain often depends on the cause, but most cases can be remedied by massage therapy. Hiatal hernia have another symptoms . Take care of your self

Follow-up: Can stable angina cause just left arm pain without chest pain? 29 hours later
I did all my cardio tests during the last 2 months & it was very normal . It is not after walking . It is during the exercise , i feel a warm sensation in my back left arm it is not painful but just a minor ache . Pls note that i climb up 10 floors (one shot without rest) 4 times each day . So should i rule out any heart or coronary problems ? Thank It is about 40 floors each day . s

Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 22 hours later
Brief Answer: You have ruled out cardiac problems Detailed Answer: I think that your problem isn't so worrisome because you haven't any accompanying signs and symptoms for angina pectoris. What is more important is your cardio tests are normal. Hence, do not be worried and take it easy.