Can spleen injury cause abdominal and neck pain?
User rating for this question
Is it possible for the spleen to have been damaged 3 years ago in an auto acciden and cause severe pain in the abdomen, neck and back without being diagnosed as a problem? The abdomenal and back pain have been prevalent since the accident but has been diagnosed as chronic back pain only. The spleen ruptured a week ago supposedly from falling ot of her hospital emergency room bed. She had been admitted for severe abdomen and back pain but was being treated for low sodium. They have always treated her as a patient with chronic back pain.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: This is impossible. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Not, this is impossible. First of all, when spleen gets damaged, life threatening bleeding appears. Without surgery, patient usually dies. Second thing is that spleen usually does not hurt. Even if damaged, can be painless. So the spleen must have been damaged recently. However back pain could be caused by the car accident 3 years ago. Spine injury can give such symptom. To diagnose it, spine MRI should be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Symptoms of spleen injury
- Hurts to push on lower abdomen
- Can spleen injury cause abdominal and neck pain
- Lower abdomen hurts to press
- My lower right abdomen hurts
- Diet chart for bangladeshi women
- Traumatic spleen injury causes
- My lower abdomen hurts like a needle
- Banged shin come up lump
- Pain lower right abdomen hurts to sit
- Laser circumcision surgery in banglore
- Banged leg left lump
- Treatment and cure for spleen injury
- Spleen injury causes
- Health care magic in banglore