Can spinal misalignment cause non- diabetic neuropathy in the feet?

Nov 2013

Can spinal misalignment cause non-diabetic neuropathy in the feet, or is it that neuropathy can cause spinal misalignment?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Generally, they are unrelated. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Spinal misalignment and non-diabetic neuropathy are generally unrelated. However, spinal misalignment can cause radiculopathy. In radiculopathy, there can be sharp, shooting pain originating in the back that radiates to leg and feet. Associated symptoms could include tingling, numbness and weakness of leg and feet. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: