Can sore throat and strep throat be indications of leukemia?

all my blood RBC platelet cholesterol liver function kidney function were noraml. However by WBC was 17.7 my neutrophils was 14. I did have a sore throat later that day and flet I had step throat for a few days. Could I have lukemia
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem I would like to tell you that that this is not the count that we see in leukemias . and the possibility is very less . Still you can have a comment by a hematologist on the blood picture if you are doubtful . I think if you have a family history of leukemias, feeling unwell , fatigued and other constitutional features are there then you should see a hematologist . My suggestion will be to to repeat the counts after a week and look for the trend if its still abnormal , go for a second opinion . Take care. Dr. Shruti