Can someone with elevated WBC go on HCG diet ?

Can someone with CLL (watch and wait, no
symptoms except elevated WBC)go on the HCG diet without side effects? I am about 40lbs. overweight. Would HCG drops or injections be XXXXXXX to me?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

HCG is a hormone normally secreted by human placenta in pregnancy.

It is being projected as a measure to lose weight. But it is not approved by FDA for losing weight.
Though the side effects are minimal like an increased risk of blood clots, headaches, restlessness and depression. Also, you may feel, like you're pregnant -- swelling, breast tenderness and water retention.

You can take HCG diet without harming your leukemia status. But how far will it be actually helpful in losing the weight needs to be discussed with your healthcare provider.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.