Can someone die from ingesting clorox?

Can someone die from ingesting Clorox?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will provide you with some information and suggestions here.

As you know Clorox is a name brand for bleach. depending on the quantity ingested this can be potentially life-threatening. If you or someone you know has ingested any amount of Clorox I suggest that you bring them to the emergency department immediately for evaluation.

A timely medical valuation will help to reverse any toxic effects of the bleach.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert