Can smoking mariguana the night before ovulation tracking test affects the LH levels?

can smoking mariguana the night before my ovulation tracking test today affected my LH levels she said it was64 and yesterday it was 11
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 28 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

LH surge levels before ovulation are more than 20 mIU per ml

These levels drop within 24-48 hrs

Yes , the smoking and high nicotine levels have been found to be associated with increased hormonal secretion from anterior pituitary so LH levels can go high up , more than the normal surge values

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome

Follow-up: Can smoking mariguana the night before ovulation tracking test affects the LH levels? 6 hours later
Yes but is it a high chance I'm ovulating or not ,do i bother trying to conceive tonight or its a false reading
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 15 hours later

Welcome back

Yes there is higher chance of ovulation which can be detected at home with the help of ovulation kit available OTC.

Instructions are written over it and it is to be done with urine sample.

I would suggest you to wait for the next cycle as we don't know what hazardous effects marijuana causes on the ovum.

It is better to stop it and conceive with good quality of egg.

Best wishes