Can smoking E cigarette give throat cancer? Is throat irritation due to that? Post nasal drop good?

Question
Can smoking in e cigarette give me throat cancer because I'm feeling some irritation on the back of my throat on the right side close to my tonsil I also have post nasal drip which makes one tonsil enlarge bigger than the other does that put me at more of a risk for getting throat cancer
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later

Please note that any form of tobacco can increase chances of getting oral or throat cancer. There is definite evidence for this.

The susceptibility varies from person to person. In comparison to non smokers there is increased risk for this.

Coming to your problem the symptoms are more in favor of sore throat. This could be a simple seasonal occurrence and with treatment it should be fine.

Just by having this symptoms one can label any body of having throat cancer.

The best thing to clear your apprehension is visit to a doctor. Your doctor after physical examination can effectively treat this condition. And I am sure you will be fine.

I would like to request you to quit smoking as you are too much worried. This increases your stress levels and there are no benefits of smoking.

Please visit your doctor and get treated.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Can smoking E cigarette give throat cancer? Is throat irritation due to that? Post nasal drop good? 2 hours later
No I don't think you Understood me I was asking you about an e cigarette which is not tobacco

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 14 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Sorry, I could not get your point.

Any ways as written earlier what you seem to having is sore throat and visit to a doctor will clarify the matter.

As far as safety of the e cigarette is concerned and its side effects, there is an area of concern about them.

Currently we have no way of knowing,
> Whether e-cigarettes are safe for use,
>what types or concentrations of potentially harmful chemicals are found in these products,
>how much nicotine is inhaled with the use these products.

Doctors are still to arrive on any consensus about this.

It is better to stay away from all of them

Dr.Pragnesh