Can small microandenoma cause low Testosterone?

Excellent

Question
Just a quick follow up from yesterday...did u say the smal microandenoma can or can't cause low Testosterone?? My T has been lower side in the 250 range for the past 5 years or so, and now at 64 it was 110...I had just came off Testosterone injections because of High hemolglobin and Hematcrit...which after a month are back in line...did the T likely lower as a bounce downward from stopping T suddenly or more likely the reason the microandenoma?? Other than low libido, and some mild depression I feel fine.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Microadenoma cannot cause low testosterone unless its functional and producing high levels of prolactin which I dont think is your case. Low T in your case is due to stoppage of injections. Testo injections maintain normal testo for only a short period of time and hence have to be given periodically. So you may have to continue testo injections indefinitely albiet at a lower dose. I suppose there is no obvious treatable cause for low T which is the reason for long term testo replacement. Low T will be associated with low libido and will only improve if testo is replaced and T levels are maintained in normal range
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad