Can small inner ear bone cause dizziness and numbness in the hands and legs while driving?

Question
Sir my age is 31.I developed dizziness when i drive car and get numbness in hands and legs while sleeping.I had taken ct scan of my brain and temporal bone.ENT doctor said that my inner ear bone is small and suggested me to take nootrophil,vertin and stematil for two weeks.iam taking for past four days improvement is there but not full.can you suggest better remedy?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

The dizziness you are having is because of the inner ear problem for which you are getting the correct treatment. The problems of the inner ear are usually slow to improve. If the dizziness is so much that it is hindering your daily activities and is posing a problem in driving then you need to increase the doses of vertin and stemetil after consulting with your doctor.

The numbness in hands and legs is more likely to be a nerve related problem. For improvement, you can add methylcobalamin supplements at least 1000 to 1500 micrograms at night. Taking a diet XXXXXXX in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin C will also be helpful.

Meanwhile, do take precautions while driving. If you do not feel comfortable doing it, stay away from it for sometime.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.