Can skin indentation be the result of change in posture?

I just noticed this morning a skin indentation above my right hip in my back. It is in the middle of some fatty tissue. It doesn't hurt. I did hurt my left little toe on I don't know if it's a result of walking and favoring my right foot/leg.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

The mild skin indentation might happen due to change in the posture; due to injury to your left toe and it can be due to the abnormal posture your body is acquiring.

Another possibility is that it is a remnant of an old injury that might have happened at some time in the past leading to fibrosis causing pulling in of skin.

It may not be a concerning problem, but still it is best to bring it to your treating doctor's notice as at times it becomes very difficult to comment without actually seeing the patient.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.