Can sinus infection spread to brain?

My Husband has had a sinus infection for months, anitbiotics don't ever completely get rid of it. Isn't that XXXXXXX for your brain? He is coughing now and it sounds like me Mother when she was dying of cancer. Should he get a MRI soon?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, Though rarely but sinus infections can spread to brain.When medical treatments fail to resolve symptoms.Ideal would be to get CT/MRI done. After scan doctor can plan intervening procedures or surgery to clear the sinuses. Scan will also help relieve your worry about cancer I guess ideal next step would be to see a ENT specialist. Please feel free to ask if there are doubts Regards