Can severe itching on anus and both testicles be treated ?

I am an Indian Male, 55 years of age.I am suffering from severe itching around & inside the anus for the last 15 months. I have eczema on testicles and groin.. I am using an ayurvedic oil for eczema, and also applying the same oil on the anus area also twice a day. However, the itching has not decreased. I have severe itch on the anus area ant also on both the testicles. I read on the net it could be " Purities ani" . So is there a cure for this?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 8 hours later
Thanks for the query

I know how bothersome it is to have itching over those areas.

First of all we have to be sure that it is Pruritus ani and not Tinea cruris ( a fungal infection).

Have you seen a dermatologist regarding this problem? If not then it will be agood idea to see one.

Is the skin of your scrotum very thick and scaly??

Do you have a compulsive itching sensation there?

I would recommend using a first generation antihistamiminic (one tab at night) and a mild steroid-antifungal combination cream (Resolve plus) twice daily.

See a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis ( to see if it is tinea cruris).

You may also send me the pics of your lesions at YYYY@YYYY attn: dr XXXXXXX

Looking forward to your reply