Can scabbing and blister on genital be due to herpes?

Mar 2013
Hi i have a low cbc count. And recently noticed a scabbing/blistered on my genital. Is this herpes?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
FOr confirming herpes, please get yourself tested at an STD clinic. A low CBC count does not necessarily indicate herpes. All the best.
Follow-up: Can scabbing and blister on genital be due to herpes? 13 hours later
My results
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 hours later
Brief Answer: HAVE STD SCREENING, OTHERWISE REPORTS OKAY. Detailed Answer: Hello Good to hear from you again ! I have gone through your reports. The WBC counts are low, but just about borderline. I would ask you not to be concerned, unless you are symptomatic. It would help if you could upload a picture of the blister / scab you have noticed on your private parts. Regarding herpes, you should have a thorough STD screening if you have had exposure ( unprotected sex with a potentially infected partner ). Please get yourself tested for the same. Other than that, the counts are not worrisome, and you should not read much into the reports, if you are otherwise fine. Take care. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Can scabbing and blister on genital be due to herpes? 44 hours later
My right neck is very stiff and painful when i move it around. Its been like this for a few days now. What are the causes of this besides if i slept on it bad
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: The commonest reason for a neck sprain indeed is postural. Sleeping on it the wrong way, prolonged work, computer use , exercise etc. Right now, do not think of more ominous reasons ( infections, prolapsed disk, cervical arthritis, fibromyalgia etc, which are serious and not that common too in healthy individuals ) . Just use some Tylenol Use a heating pad on the area. Massage the area very gently, and also sleep for a few days without a pillow at all. If the pain and stiffness does not go away in a few days ( 3 - 4 days ), you need to see a Specialist to have an evaluation for other conditions. Take care.