Can sarcoidosis spread from one person to another person and what is the treatment for the sarcoidosis?

I have noticed a breakout on my legs over the past several weeks My ex-wife has this disorder and a close friend also has it. Is sarcordosis able to be passed from person to another? What can I do to address this disorder?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sarcoidosis not transmissible Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Sarcoidosis is not contagious, and therefore cannot be passed from person to person. It is probably auto-iimune in origin. It is difficult to know exactly the reason for your rash in the legs without examining it directly; at times, even scrapings from lesions may be needed to see if it is perhaps an infection; diabetes indeed puts you at higher risk for infections, including fungal A skin specialist (Dermatologist) could be your initial encounter Hope this helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN