Can red wine be taken by patients with cholesterol and blood pressure?

Hello, My mother was diagnose last year with high blood pressure, this year her cholesterol was a litter high, my question is she would like to know could she drink one to two glasses of red wind for the holiday
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Thank you for postibg your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query red wine when taken in moderate amounts is very beneficial because it is very high in antioxidand levels . In right amounts it cuts down on bad cholesterol and increases the good one . It also lowers the cardiac risk . I think she can take one or two glasses with no harm . Take care. Dr. Shruti