Can psychotherapy help overcome the urge to wear diapers in adults ?

I am a 36 year old female. Prior to 2 months ago I had no prior psychiatris history. 2 months ago I had I guess what you would call a nervous breakdown. I have been seeing a phychiatrist who has diagnosed severe GAD and moderate depression which I am receiving medication for (quetiapine and diazapine). However out of the blue over the past 2 months I have developed a fetish/compulsive need to wear diapers (even though I don't need to wear them for medical reasons). I feel that this behaviour is taking over and I can't control it. I know this is a recognised fetish with websites dedicated to it but I'm concerned I'm loosing control. I have been to embarrassed to tell the psychiatrist I have been seeing. Do you think he needs to know this when treating my anxiety / depression?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Mania
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

The psychiatrist that is treating you must know about this abnormal behavior of yours. He is treating you aptly by giving proper antidepressants. However, it is important to tell him every problem you have,however intricate the details may be, it would make a difference in the treatment plan.

Usually these behavioral problems do need psychotherapy or sessions with a psychologist and you will be able to see the difference yourself after one and a half to two months of treatment.

Meanwhile you continue your present medications in the dose advised and do not alter the dose all by yourself.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.