Can proteinuria be caused by drinking Monsters energy drink? Taking Benicar.

I Have Proteinuria, Can be caused by drinking Monsters energy drink? , I'm taking Benicar 20 mg fro treatment. If was not the energy drink, can I still consume this product?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. James M. Schwartz 39 minutes later
Hellos Mandyanes,

I am happy to answer your question.

Monster energy drink would not cause proteinuria. The main active ingredient in this drink is caffeine, comparable to a cup of coffee. Caffeine does not cause proteinuria.

The main causes of microalbumenuria are diabetes and hypertension. Other conditions can also cause proteinuria, but clarifying the cause can only be accomplished with a thorough physical exam and lab tests. I would also take notice of the blood "on your kidneys." If you mean, in your urine, then this is abnormal and requires further investigation by your doctor.

I hope this answers your question. If it does, please accept it. You may also ask follow up questions, if needed.

Dr. Schwartz