Can protected oral sex lead to a STD?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi…I had a protected oral sex with one of the girls, I do not know much about her past history. I have been reading a lot about STD and see Fordyce like symptoms on my lips, my lips are chapped. I am really scared of acquiring HSV-1
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sexually Transmitted Infection unlikely... Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through history and understand your concern. As you had protected oral sex with your partner, chance of getting any sexually transmitted infection (STIs) is not possible. STIs are transmitted by unprotected sexual contact through oral,anal and vaginal. As you are not exposed to any secretions of your partner, risk of getting any STIs will not be there. Fordyce Spots are normal physiological occurrences and are not XXXXXXX and these spots are not infectious and naturally occurs on the adult skin. These are painless, non contagious and definitely not related to STIs. These spots will regress by itself without any treatment. Your lesion doesn't look like any of the STIs, it is a fordyce spot which will disappear by itself. Hope I have answered your question, if you have any query feel free to post them. Thank you.