Can probiotic and Flatuna be taken together?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
if i take flatuna tablets twice after food.will the stools next day will it be dark black.? should i also take probiotic along with flatuna for 1 or 2 weeks?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. Yes you can take probiotics for 1-2 weeks with flatuna tablets as probiotics can improve intestinal function and maintain the integrity of the lining of the intestines it will definitely help you. In addition you should also keep in mind following things- Avoid fried and fatty foods. Reduce milk products. Try supplements of the enzyme lactase. For time being cut back on high-fiber foods. Try charcoal tablets. Eat slowly and avoid talking while eating. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr. Singh.
Follow-up: Can probiotic and Flatuna be taken together? 12 hours later
Pl tell names of probiotics,dosage flatuna tablets dosage Thanks
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Long list of prebiotics is there. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for query again. My friend you must know that fermented dairy products have been advertised as containing "beneficial cultures." These cultures are what would now be considered probiotics. Other foods currently claiming to provide probiotics are cereal, juice, frozen yogurt, granola, candy bars, and cookies. For flatuna dosage you should consult your gastroenterologist, who after doing your physical examination will advise you doses of flatuna. Because flatuna doses must be individualised, so you should not take it without prescription of your doctor. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Follow-up: Can probiotic and Flatuna be taken together? 21 hours later
Hello I was hoping that a Gastroenteroligist would take up my problem but you being an Orthopaedic doctor why did u take up my problem?pl refer yourself to a gatroenterogist Thanks
Brief Answer: Because every doctor is GP. Detailed Answer: Hi, My friend this was your General Physician (GP) query. If you want to discus your problem with specialist, then you should put your query under specialist query. Every doctor whether a orthopedician or gastroenterologist or gynecologist is first GP and then the specialist. That is why I have opt your query. Second thing is that I have mentioned in previous answer that you should consult gastroenterologist for your physical examination. On internet health sites how one can do your physical examination. My friend, you have not even mentioned the reason you are taking flatuna. In that case if any possibility of chronic infection needs to be ruled out. These medications might be clearing infection partly to relieve symptoms intermittently. Two investigations - stool analysis and culture can help to confirm this. After that more appropriate treatment can be proposed. I still insist a thorough examination by Gastroenterologist. The dose of flatuna can vary from 100 - 250 mg 3 to 4 times a day. I usually first do physical examination of my patient then advise him/her 1 to 2 tablets, 3 to 4 times a day for 7-14 days. Regards. Dr.Singh.