Can pimafucort directly be used on the penis, or only it has to be used on skin?

Question
Hello, Can i use pimafucort directly on my penis, or is it only used on the skin?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 15 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Since Pimafucort is used for certain specific conditions ( and it also makes certain other conditions worse), it is important to know what is the condition that you currently have.
If you let me know the complaints that you have, I will be in a better position to guide you. If you have an eruption or a rash, it will be helpful if you can send a picture as well. You can use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right.
Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Can pimafucort directly be used on the penis, or only it has to be used on skin? 20 minutes later
Basically i have been feeling a burning sensation on the tongue of my penis, and a strange smell when i peel back the foreskin, also the tounge of the penis has wierd spots on it that come and go, i also have Penile Papules on my shaft and testicals area, i dont have any pain when i urinate, the doctor told me i could have a fungal infection and i should use the Pimafucort cream, i havent showed him my penis though, i just explain in words.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 13 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
Actually, fungal infections are a specific condition in which Pimafucort is contraindicated. Since this has a steroid which can worsen any kind of infection, i would suggest you stay away from it.
At present I would suggest that you apply neosporin powder and Canesten cream ( which has clotrimazole). This needs to be applied twice a day for 2 weeks. Also, keep the area clean and dry.
Please get it examined by a dermatologist if this doesnt get better in 2 weeks.

Follow-up: Can pimafucort directly be used on the penis, or only it has to be used on skin? 8 minutes later
Please review the pictures that i have attached, and advise if i could apply the Pimafucort on the surface of my penis shown in the pictures.

Thanks for writing back.
It looks like you have contact dermatitis, and not a fungal infection. You can go ahead and apply the Pimafucort cream. This would bring significant relief.
Also, you could be possibly allergic to the soap, condom or jelly that you are using. Please make a note of what agent it gets worse and make it a point to avoid it.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.