Can persistent diarrhea for 6 weeks with severe migraines cause dizziness and shaky feeling ?

I have had diarrhea for 6 weeks, Severe migraines, and now for the past two days whenever I stand up I get real dizzy and shaky and fall down. Had a CBC with differential and Extensive Metabolic blood test and everything was normal including my electrolytes. What could be wrong?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The dizziness you have could be related to the dehydration you had in the last few weeks.Such type of long water imbalance can affect the Blood pressure for few subsequent days.The cause for your dizziness could be the same.

I would advice you to get the BP measurements done every alternate day for about three readings and notice.If there is any deviation do discuss with your treating doctor.Do get a reading in lying and standing position one after the other at same time to rule out orthostatic Hypotension .The causes of which are numerous an has to be studied in detail to find out the same.

Do consume good nutritious food , plenty of water ad electrolytes. Have juices with sugar and salt every 4 hours ones.This may help.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.