Can pentaxim and ploprotec be given together?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
pentaxim and ploprotec are given together to my kid yesterday, is it okay? as i got to know polio vaccine is there in both?
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is okay. no harm to the kid.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Injectable form of Polio vaccine is present as one of the five components of Pentaxim. Polprotec is an injectable form of polio vaccine.

Nothing to worry and there will be no harmful health effects on the child because of receiving two doses of injectable polio vaccines at a time.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Can pentaxim and ploprotec be given together? 16 minutes later
my child is 3 months 2 weeks now. she has been given 3 dose of hep-b at 10 weeks itself which should be given at 6 months. is it harmful ? and 6 months dose shpuld be given again(which will become 4 th dosage of hep-b)

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not harmful. Booster Hepatitis B vaccine at 5 year

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for getting back.

The ideal schedule of Hepatitis B vaccine is to give complete 3 doses at birth, 6 weeks, and 14 weeks age or at birth, 6 weeks, and 6 months of age as per IAP schedule.

As the child received the complete 3 doses by 10 weeks of age, another dose is not required at the age of 6 months. This is not harmful. But you can go for a booster dose of Hepatitis B at the age of 5 year.

Regards.