Can patients infected with hepatitis B marry?

can i marry with hapitatis b and how to prevent being infected?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later

Yes, Hepatitis b infected patients can marry.

To prevent their partners from getting the infection, we suggest vaaccination against the same by three injections to be taken on day 0, after one month and then after six months of the first dose.

You could get the vaccination done under guidance your primary care physician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Can patients infected with hepatitis B marry? 9 hours later
1. After vaccinations, I supposed to be protected. Is it still necassary to wear condom when having sex with her?

2. Will the hapitatis pass to the baby if we have one?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

1. After vaccination since you are protected, you need not wear any condom.

2.Transmisssion to baby can be there but it can be prevented if you notify her gynaecologist and the baby can be given immunoglobulins at birth followed by vaccination.

When a baby is born, hepatitis B immune globulin (HBIG) and the first dose of the hepatitis B vaccine should be administered within 12 hours of birth.

Another way to prevent perinatal infection is lowering a pregnant woman’s viral load by treating her with antivirals during the third trimester of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Follow-up: Can patients infected with hepatitis B marry? 7 hours later
Hi aqgain,

We always share ice cream, drinks, foods together. For better prevention of being infected, shall we stop doing so as I heard that saliva can be a mean to transmit hepitatis b to others.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Hello again,

It is better to get yourself vaccinated instead.

This way you wont have to worry about the transmission.

You can always share your food, the chances of transmission is very minimal and negligible.

Do not worry.

Hope I have answered your query.