Can partial reomoval of colon and intestine after appendix rupture lead to problems in concieving?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi I'm 32 years old and I had my appendix removed, it burst right before I went to surgey and they took out some of my colon and my intestines does that mean I can't bear children?
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. No, you wont have any issues having children. Removal of part of colon/intestine does not affect the ability to bear children. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Can partial reomoval of colon and intestine after appendix rupture lead to problems in concieving? 27 hours later
I ask this because I've tried the natural way and it just doesn't happen. I thought maybe its just not my time, but I'm getting up there in age and I no it won't be easy once I reach a certain age. Is there anything I should do?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are not able to conceive, then both you and your partner have to undergo few tests. Your partner needs to get his semen analysis done and also a scan to rule out varicocele. You need to undergo hormonal studies and tests to see whether the tubes are free of any blockage. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini