Can overdose of Dolo 650mg lead to death?

Hi if any one take fifty tabs of dolo 650mg will he die
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, mostly Detailed Answer: Hello, The maximum daily recommended dosage of dolo is 4000mg. If someone takes fifty tablets of Dolo 650mg, that is definitely an over dosage. Yes, the chances of the person dying is high unless he is promptly treated medically. Regards,
Follow-up: Can overdose of Dolo 650mg lead to death? 3 hours later
My question is one of my friend took this pills,so wanted to know in how many hours der to protect him After how many hours is help lesss What will be first aid
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 hours later
Brief Answer: needs immediate medical attention Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry that your friend has taken this huge dose. He needs medical attention at the earliest. Please rush him to the emergency room at the earliest. He must be promptly treated within an hour or at least withing first 3 hours. You can give him high salt water at home as a first aid to induce vomiting and bring out the tablets. Acetyl cysteine is the antidote for paracetamol poisoning, it must be promptly given to the patient. Hope this helps. Wish your friend a quick recovery.