Can nuts and dry fruits be given to child?

Dear Doctor,
What kind of a diet can be given to my son. Is there will be any issue if he takes lot of nuts and dry fruits. Please advise.

Thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

I suggest you to avoid giving him nuts as whole. At age 3 the digestive system would not be strong enough to digest the hard protein in the nuts. You can give him ground fried nuts as malts with milk.

Give him more fruits and vegetables which are easy to digest and also contain the nutrients which a three year old needs.

Also give him energy drinks like Boost, Pediasure etc daily with milk.

Hope, I answered your query.