Can nighttime moisturizer be applied over Tretinoin?

I have been prescribed Tretinoin .025 % cream for fine wrinkles and sun damage. I understand I should apply at night on clean dry skin. My question is should I apply my nighttime moisturizer over it?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Moisturizer 1 hour before or after tretinoin. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend Welcome to Health care magic. I am Dr Charu , I will shortly try to help you with my opinion. You are correctly prescribed Tretinoin cream 0.025% for fine wrinkles and sun damage. It is to be applied strictly at night. it definitely causes dryness of face. You need to put moisturizer but better if you put the moisturizer after or before 1 hour of application of tretinoin. Don't apply it in excessive quantity , just apply a thin layer of it over your whole face. I will also like to advice you to put a good sunscreen in morning and afternoon with SPF 30 + over whole face. It will prevent from further sun damage. This is my best advice for you. If you have further queries, please ask me else you may close the discussion and rate it. Good Luck.