Can nexito plus cause weight gain?

sir i am taking nexito plus for last one year and lodoz five for last two weight has increased by 10 kg in one year and havig faty liver now.should i continue nexito plus.sir i was taking nexito forte,risperidon 1 mg,lonazap 5 for last 8 i am taking ursocol sr 600 mg for faty liver.i am now suffering high b.p,gastric,constipation,fatigue.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later

Both Lexito and Resperidone can lead to weight gain. However much more important factor in causing the weight gain is more than required calorie intake and lack of exercise. The presence of fatty liver is another evidence that you are overnourished and probably under exercise. Intake of alcohol also causes fatty liver.

I will suggest you to consult a dietitian and seek a low calorie diet chart to facilitate weight loss. I will also suggest doing a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) as hypothyroidism can also produce weight gain.

In fatty liver, you need to restrict your alcohol intake (if you are taking any) and do some regular exercise like brisk walking for 45 min-1 hour daily.

Ursodeoxychiloic acid (UDCA) which you have started is supposed to help in reducing the fatty liver. Please take it regularly.

Lexito plus should be discontinued only after consulting your physician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.