Can needle stick injury after injecting a dog cause any complications?
User rating for this question
sir, my dog was pamerian having 14 years old, died today. It is having complaint of not eating food, food if taken by force also, it will get vomit, stools like red and black mixing. yesterday, while trying to get the vain to insert needle in to dog, unfortunately, the needle was inserted in my finger after removing from dog. My dog has vacinated with Rabipur (Rabies vaccine) one month ago. And i have also completed course of rabipur due to other dog bite exactly one year back. Today, also i have taken rabipur dose (exactly after 26 hours). Is there any thing to be feel danger sir?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: No fear Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX It does not sound worrisome at this time. The chances of any infection cannot be predicted with this incidence which is uncommon. Definitely there is no chance of Rabies. At this point in time I just suggest you to remain worry free. We do not currently recognize blood borne zoonotic diseases in humans. While adverse affect s are uncommon it is good to watch out for unexplained fever in case of needle stick injury. If you develop unexplained fever you should see a local doctor to explain about needle stick injury with dog. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- Red rash on cheeks spreading to eye
- Saw eyes and hot cheeks
- Face cheek spasms symptoms
- Staph infection after tonsillectomy
- Treatment for accidental needle stick injury
- Needle stick injury causes
- Inside cheek sore and red eye
- Staph infection after rhinoplasty
- Diagnosis of needle stick injury
- Faster recovery after typhoid
- Can serratia marcescens return after three years
- Pink eye and red patches on cheeks
- Severe vomiting after smoking methamphetamine
- Treatment and cure for needle stick injury
- Symptoms of needle stick injury