Can nausea be related to constipation caused by Percoset taken for arm injury?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
im taking percoset for broken arm is there anything I can do for my constipation can u get nauseous from being constipated
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes You can get nauseated Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in Can you please tell me what the problem is ? Do you get the movement or there is lack of movement ? Is the initial stool hard ? DO you need to strain ? Is there mucus accompanying ? Get back with this detail & I will help sort out your issues.....

Follow-up: Can nausea be related to constipation caused by Percoset taken for arm injury? 43 minutes later
YES ITS HARDCOMES OUT ONE CLUMP AT A TIMEI SQUAT ON TOILET I GO FOR TEN DAYS NO STOOL I STRAIN NOW THAT IM ON THIS MED EVERYTHING STOPS

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Add fiber and plenty of fluids in your diet Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in again You need to add fiber and fluids in your regular intake A good probiotic twice a day for two weeks to restore healthy intestinal flora would help To soften the stool and reduce straining add milk of magnesia or liquid parafin at bed time If there is a local fissure get it treated Hope this helps Do write back in case of concern Wishing you a healthy life ahead......