Can natural vitamins reduce chronic pain?

I am asking for my mom. She has had chronic pain for most of her adult life, most of it from addhesions and has become addicted to the pain meds. DR. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX spoke on the radio about natural vitams and mins that re-enstore the bodies ability to fight pain. I am asking for your help. my dad has seen her doctor many times and he cant give him control of her meds or any med info becus she wont let him. the things i heard MR. XXXXXXX say on the radio made sence. I know i cant spell very good but hey your the doctor.I dont want to lose my mom and dad. there has to be a way to get them back. please dad is 70 and mom 71
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: vitamins neuropathic pain drugs & release of adhes Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Welcome to healthcare Magic! The chronic pain states have prominent neuropathic pain component. The vitamins and antioxidants are not painkillers by themselves but they may help reduce this neuropathic component by restoration of nerve integrity. There are new class of drugs that act by catering this neurological pain pathway and are very helpful in reducing intensity of constant pain felt by patients suffering of chronic illnesses. Some drugs of this class are pregabalin, gabapentin and SSRIs. They may help cut down on the requirements of opioid painkillers. If the adhesions are amenable surgically they should be released to give a mechanical leverage. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!