Can nadoxin cream be applied on face pimples and exposed to sun?

Can nadoxin cream be applied on face pimples in the day and any precautions if exposed to sun?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nadoxin cream can be used on face. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in. You can use nadoxin cream for acne over face. It contains nadifloxacin 1% cream. Nadifloxacin is an antibiotic and is very effective in acne. There is no photosensitivity with nadoxin.You can use it in daytime.There is no need for sunprotection. Hope this helps. I will be available for follow up. Regards DrSudarshan MD Dermatology
Follow-up: Can nadoxin cream be applied on face pimples and exposed to sun? 3 hours later
I don't need to apply moisturiser first? I mean after washing I apply moisturiser and then sunscreen so I can avoid both if I apply nadoxin cream? Please let me know how to apply this in the day- a bit confused yet. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Use nadoxin for 1 hour. Detailed Answer: Hi again, You can apply nadoxin in morning for 1 hour duration and then wash it off.Then before going out in the sun you can use sunscreen/moisturizer. Contact period of 1 hour is enough for its effect. You can apply it in morning from say 8am -9 am.Then you can wash it off.Later you can apply your routine moisturizer like Acnemoist cream.Before 20 minutes of going into sun you can use your sunscreen lotion. Application of nadoxin over sunscreen/moisturizer is not advisable. Hope this clears your confusion. Regards DrSudarshan