Can mud from outside cause dry hands or harm a baby? Suggest antibacterial soap?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi

I wanted to ask if mud from outside is harmful
Baby blanket fell and I hadn't realised had little mud on it has been sitting on my duvet and pillows that had no bedding on and I have been using cetraben hand cream it went on bedding is that still ok?
If I wash bedding that had cream in with other bedding is that ok?
I've had some work done in kitchen and silicone keeps coming off on side worktop I gave things out on worktop and it keeps coming off I've wiped away several times already.
I have very bad dry hands and they are cracking can you tell me antibacterial soap I can use that won't make hands dry at the moment I am using radox natural antibacterial handwash.
I think I have developed OCD since had baby washing hands too much I have just had new kitchen and cooker fittted I keep feeling there's dust and stuff still around my husband cleaned all draws and I have put all pots away we used damp cloth abc now I can see drill dust on hinges of door still what do I do?
I need some serious advice.
The cooker is brand new and the builder did hit cover it but I've wiped down now when he was plastering drilling etc I left top grill opened and wiped worktop next to it as there was silicone on now I jeep thinking what I'd it went in grill please help
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later

Mud from any source contains germs etc but then it cannot harm if the soiled clothes are washed and skin is cleansed properly.
Repeated washing of hands can cause dryness and cracking of skin. Antibacterial soaps can further make things worse and should be avoided.
A moisturising soap should be used in cases of repeated washing and further creams etc. Should be applied to keep skin suple and soft.

Its good to be hygienic but over zealous cleanliness and repeated washing can be really devastating as mentioned.

In case the urge to do such things cant be refrained from, one must take a counselling session.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Can mud from outside cause dry hands or harm a baby? Suggest antibacterial soap? 1 hour later
Hi
Thank you because I didn't realise the mud was on blanket
Which is dried now but it was on my duvet and pillows which had no bedding on
If I wash blanket now my duvet and pillow will be ok I cannot see any mud on them it's just the blanket was on them also what soap would you recommend is there any antibacterial hand soap?
Please tell me if silicone comes off from edges on worktop in kitchen is that safe of you have food and pits out on kitchen worktopd

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 13 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

There is no need to panic as once washed properly the linen gets cleared of dirt and germs.

Silicone coming off from kitchen board should not be consumed in food and hence you should get it mended as early as possible.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Can mud from outside cause dry hands or harm a baby? Suggest antibacterial soap? 40 minutes later
Hi we have just had kitchen newly done and the silicone keeps coming off for some reason just small amounts it is silicone that is used. Little amounts of silicone is always coming off.
Can you please tell me what probably can be done about this
Also I will wash my baby blanket but the bed duvet and pillows look fine so I shouldn't need to do anything with them.
I am always worrying as drill dust on hinges on kitchen unit didn't fully come out and I have put pots in. Is this dangerous?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for follow up query.

There is no need to panic and as far as the silicone powder is concerned, if its falling on pot its not a problem, but in case it is contaminating the foodstuff also, then you must get it refurbished.

Washing of towel is enough and there is no need to do anything with the pillows etc.

Food contaminated directly is worrisome and not when it is properly packed and stored.

Hope you got a convincing reply this time around. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Can mud from outside cause dry hands or harm a baby? Suggest antibacterial soap? 3 hours later
Hi

Thanks no not contaminated to food really but I use worktop to place pits on the silicone on edge Right at the back of the wall where worktop is sealed the silicone has flakes off abit which I have now wiped but it keeps coming away we just have had all new kitchen refurbished so it is a bit annoying.
I have asked my gp also he said it's nothing to worry about

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for your explaination. In that case there is no need to worry about any sort of health hazard.

Dr.Rohit