Can mold cause syc problems in children?

can mold cause a child tohave syc problems
my grand daughter in the last 2 months thinks thatif she eats certain things she will chock so she has gone to not eating unless smooth or liquid
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

I can feel your concerns , mold can cause problem in swallowing the food but in later stages, but it do not cause psychiatric problem.

Children with Iron deficiency do complain of chocking while eating.
Your grand daughter should be examined by an ENT doctor for any obvious blockade in the throat.

There are some tests like barium swallow that can detect any blockade in the esophagus.

If these tests are normal then we can say that this may be a psychiatric problem.

Hope I have answered your query . If you have any other I will be honored to reply that .

Wishing her a speedy recovery.